Healthy and amazing stir-fried sesame-ginger soba noodle lettuce cups! Ready in 15 minutes, these mushroom-filled wraps are naturally gluten-free and packed with nutrition.
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) tahini
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) hot water
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or dark brown sugar)
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste (or 1 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 3 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided use
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili-garlic sauce (or sriracha)
- 1 package (4.98 ounces/141 g) FORTUNE soba buckwheat noodles, shoyu flavor
- 8 ounces (250 g) shitake or white mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into matchstick pieces
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- Optional toppings: minced green onions, white and/or black sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk the tahini, hot water, coconut sugar, lime juice, ginger, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, chili-garlic sauce, and 1 teaspoon of the Shoyu soup base (from noodle pack) until blended and smooth. Add more water, as needed.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 3 cups (750 mL) water to a boil. Add the soba noodles; cook, stirring once or twice, for 3 to 3 and 1/2 minutes until tender. Drain and rinse under cool water.
- Heat reamining sesame oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms, red pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon of the shoyu sauce packet. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes until softened. Add the cooked noodles; stir-fry for 1 minute longer and then add 3 tablespoons of the sauce.
- Divide stir-fried noodles evenly between lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with minced green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with remaining sesame-ginger sauce.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 2 lettuce cups
Keywords: soba, gluten-free, lettuce cups, vegan, easy, fast, healthy