Fast, fresh and healthy flatbread made with 3 ingredients (plus water and optional salt)! It is naturally vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, and yeast-free.
- 1 cup (90 g) rolled oats (certified gluten-free, as needed)
- 1 cup (250mL) water
- 2 cups (224 g) almond flour or almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (optional, or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats and water. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes to soften. Vigorously stir for 30 to 60 seconds to break down the oats; add the almond flour, baking powder, and (optional) salt, stirring to combine.
- Transfer dough to center of prepared baking sheet. Using fingertips, press into an even 10 x 8-inch (25 x 20 cm) rectangle. Dimple the surface of dough (slightly) with fingertips.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 22 to 25 minutes until light golden brown at edges, the center is set, and the surface appears dry.
- Using the parchment paper, lift the bread off of the baking sheet, and then slide off of the parchment paper onto a cooling rack. Serve warm or cool completely.
Storage: Store the completely cooled bread in an airtight container at (cool) room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 5 days or the freezer for up to 3 months.
Variations: Top with fresh chopped or dried herbs, seeds, or a drizzle of olive oil.
Pizza Crust: Use the focaccia as a pizza crust! Bake for 10 to 12 minutes before adding desired toppings
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1/12 of loaf
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 129.7 mg
- Fat: 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.7 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: 3 ingredients, bread, almond flour, almond meal, oats, oil-free, yeast-free, easy, fast, healthy, focaccia