This 2-ingredient porridge is destined to be a favorite! Vegan, keto and grain-free, it boasts 10.8 g fiber, 5 g protein, and only 139 calories per serving. Wow!
- 3 and 1/2 tablespoons (24.5 g) coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon (7.5 g) flaxseed meal
- Optional: pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 cup water
- Optional: toppings, such as fresh fruit, nondairy milk, maple syrup, dried fruit, etc.
- In a small bowl, stir together the coconut flour, flaxseed meal and (optional) salt.
- Saucepan method: In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil; reduce heat to low and stir in the coconut-flax mixture. Cook and stir for 1 minute until thick and hot.
- Immediately transfer to a bowl and eat with any toppings you desire!
- Microwave method: Add 1 cup boiling water to bowl with the coconut-flax mixture, stirring to combine. Microwave on high for about 30 seconds until hot and thickened. Eat with any toppings you desire!
Coconut-Chia Porridge: Replace the flaxseed meal with 1 tablespoon ground or whole chia seeds.
- Category: Breakfast, Porridge
- Serving Size: entire recipe
- Calories: 139
- Sugar: 1.8 g
- Sodium: 52.5 mg
- Fat: 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 10.8 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg