Individual grain-free, vegan and oil-free bread made with almond meal–no other flours, starches or flax! 3 ingredients and about half an hour are all you need to make this versatile, delicious bread.
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons whole psyllium husks (or 1-1/2 teaspoons ground psyllium husk powder)
- 1 and 2/3 cups almond flour/almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Greasy or spray 9 cups in a standard muffin tin.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine the water and psyllium; let stand 10 minutes to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour/meal, baking powder and salt; stir in the water-psyllium mixture until blended into a dough.
- Divide mixture into 9 portions (about 3 tablespoons each) and shape into a patty about the size of the muffin cup. Place patties in prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 27 to 30 minutes until just set at center. Transfer to rack and let cool in tin 10 minutes. Remove breads from cups. Serve warm, room temp, or chilled.
Tip: Be sure to use almond meal, not blanched almond flour, for this recipe. The latter will not work (the breads collapse).
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
- Category: Bread
- Serving Size: 1 bread round
- Calories: 122
- Sugar: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 173 mg
- Fat: 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.3 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg