Easy almond flour cut-out cookies, made with only 2 ingredients (almond flour and coconut sugar)! They are quick and easy to make, as well as grain-free & vegan. A keto variation is included, too!
- 2 cups (450 g) blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- 1/3 cup (48 g) coconut sugar (see notes for options)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut sugar, water, and (optional) salt. It will look dry at first; keep stirring, it comes together into a dough that looks like wet sand.
- Gather dough into a disc shape and tightly wrap in plastic wrap, Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or up to1 day).
- Preheat oven to 300F (150C). Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out half of the chilled dough, between two sheets of parchment paper or wax paper, to an 1/8-inch (3.5 mm) thickness. Cut out cookie shapes, re-rolling dough as many times as needed.
- Transfer cut-out shapes to prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes until the cookies are golden brown at the edges and just set at the centers
Storage: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week, the refrigerator for 1 month, or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Sugar Options: An equal amount of another granulated sugar can be used in place of the coconut sugar.
Tip: Be sure to used blanched almond flour (no skins), not almond meal (skins on).
Keto Variation: Prepare cookies as directed but sub and equal amount of keto-friendly granular sweetener (I tested with one called Ketose). Choose one that is meant to be used measure for measure for granulated sugar. The macros for each keto cookie are as follows: 43 calories, 1.6 g carbs, 0.8 g fiber, 0.3 g sugar (the remaining stats are the same).
- Serving Size: 1 2-inch cookie
- Calories: 51
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.8 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg