Tender, lightly sweet, and all-around perfect pumpkin cookies made with almond flour and coconut flour. Made in one bowl in no time flat, they are also grain-free, oil-free, and vegan.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk
- Optional: raw cane (turbinado) sugar for coating
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Add the pumpkin puree and milk, stirring until completely blended. Let dough stand for 1 to 2 minutes for the coconut flour to absorb the liquid.
- Using a small cookie scoop or heaping tablespoon, drop cookies onto prepared prepared baking sheet (alternatively, shape into balls and place on cookie sheet). If desired, sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 16 to 20 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Let cookies cool on the baking sheet.Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
Storage: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 day, the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Sugar: An equal amount of brown sugar can be used in place of the coconut sugar. I have not made these with a liquid sweetener (e.g., maple syrup or honey), so I cannot predict how they will turn out.
Almond Meal: I have not tested it, but almond meal should work as a replacement for blanched almond flour. These are moist cookies, so the added denseness of the meal (compared to blanched almond flour) will most likely be quite delicious!
Salt: Feel free to decrease the salt if your diet requires it.
- Category: Cookies, Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 56 calories
- Sugar: 3.8 g
- Sodium: 131 mg
- Fat: 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.2 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg