Instant hot cereal that is grain-free, vegan, Paleo-friendly and oh-so-satisfying! Made with coconut flour, coconut flakes, and flaxseed meal, it is thick, creamy, oatmeal-like, & ready to eat in minutes.
- Hot Cereal Mix:
- 1 cup PLUS 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened flake coconut, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- To Prepare 1 serving Hot Cereal:
- 1/3 cup Hot Cereal Mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- Suggested Stir-Ins or Toppings: coconut sugar, fresh or dried fruit, maple syrup, nut butter, nondairy milk, vanilla extract, spices (e.g., cinnamon)
- Hot Cereal Mix: Combine the coconut flour, coconut, flaxseed meal and optional salt in an airtight container or jar.
- To Prepare 1 Serving Hot Cereal: In a bowl or large mug, combine 1/3 cup hot cereal mix and 1 cup of boiling water. Stir until combined and porridge thickens, about 30 to 60 seconds. Serve with any of the suggest stir-ins or toppings, as desired.
Storage: Store the hot cereal mix in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 6 months or the freezer for up to 1 year.
- Category: Breakfast, Cereal
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup hot cereal mix
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 48.3 mg
- Fat: 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 10.2 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg