Versatile, velvety-smooth basil pesto, made in minutes with only 5 ingredients. High in protein (thanks to white beans and nutritional yeast), this creamy pesto is naturally vegan, nut-free, and grain-free.
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans (or other white beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 packed cups washed/dried fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk (I used hemp milk)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cloves garlic, peeled
- fine sea salt & freshly cracked pepper to taste
- In a food processor or blender, process the drained beans, basil, milk, nutritional yeast, olive oil and garlic until blended and completely smooth, stopping the machine several times to scrape down the sides.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pesto to an airtight container. Use as a dip, spread, a drizzle/sauce for vegetables, or toss with hot pasta.
Storage: Store the pesto in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Category: Sauce, Dip, Spread
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 82
- Sodium: 119 mg
- Fat: 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.6 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg