Perfect, fluffy, tender drop biscuits, made in minutes with chickpea flour. They are naturally vegan & gluten-free, and endlessly versatile!
- 6 tablespoons nondairy milk
- 3/4 teaspoon white or cider vinegar
- 1–1/4 cups chickpea flour
- 1–1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small cup or bowl, combine the milk and vinegar. Let stand at least 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the milk mixture and olive oil until blended.
- Immediately drop 6 equal portion of dough onto prepared baking sheet, spacing at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 13 minutes until puffed and golden brown at the edges.
- Serve warm or cool completely.
Storage: Store the cooled biscuits in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 5 days or the freezer for 3 months.
Tip about Milk: If needed, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of additional milk (no need to add more vinegar) if dough is too stiff
- Category: Bread
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 2.1 g
- Sodium: 286 mg
- Fat: 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.6 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg