3-ingredient energy bars made with dried fruit, chia, and oven-dried greens! They are a DIY version of LARABAR fruits and greens bars. Vegan & grain-free
- 3 packed cups fresh spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup (120 grams) dried apricots, dried cherries, or dried fruit(s) of choice
- 2–1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Spread the spinach on the baking sheet in an even layer. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the spinach appears dry but is still mostly green (watch closely during final few minutes). Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely on baking pan.
- In a food processor, process the dried fruit until very finely chopped and sticking together. Add the chia seeds and crumble in the cooled spinach leaves. Process until very well blended.
- Scrape mixture out of food processor and roll in an even log (any size). Cut the log into 4 equal pieces. Press each piece into 4 cups of a standard muffin tin (coated with nonstick spray) to make “pucks” or shape into bars. Chill about 1 hour until firm (remove from tin if making pucks).
Storage: Store, wrapped, in an airtight container at room temperature for 5 days, in the refrigerator for 3 weeks, or the freezer for 6 months.
Parchment paper tip: Spinach, in particular, tends to stick like crazy to the baking pan; this is solved when using parchment. Wait until the spinach is completely cool before removing it from the paper (it will release easily once completely cool).
Greens: Any equal amount of kale, or other greens of your choice, can be used in place of the kale. Feel free to add more or less according to your preference!
- Category: Portable Power Pucks, Snack, Energy Bar
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 16.1 g
- Sodium: 21 mg
- Fat: 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.8 g
- Fiber: 5.9 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg