Decadent, yet nutritious, brownies, made with black beans and oats! They are vegan, gluten-free, and extra-easy to make in a muffin pan (no cutting required!)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup nondairy milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Optional: 2 to 4 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or spray 10 cups of a standard muffin tin.
- In a food processor, process the oat until they resemble flour, Add the drained/rinsed beans, sugar, milk, cocoa powder, coconut oil, baking powder and salt; process until smooth, stopping to scrape down bowl several times.
- Divide batter equally among prepared cups. If desired, sprinkle tops with chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14 to 17 minutes until puffed and centers are set. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before removing from tin (centers will sink).
Storage: Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 dyas or the freezer for 2 months. If you add chocolate chips on top, refrigerate before packing for eating on the run (to keep them from being to melt-y).
- Category: snack, dessert
- Serving Size: 1 puck
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 7.8 g
- Sodium: 104 mg
- Fat: 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.9 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg