- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 8 oz), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 medium zucchini (about 1–1/4 pounds), trimmed, diced
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese or vegan Cheddar cheese
- 1–1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Optional: extra chopped green onions
- Heat the oil in a heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add green onions; cook and stir 30 seconds.
- Add the potato, zucchini, and broth; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Purée soup in batches in blender. Return puree to same pan and stir in cheese and mustard. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with additional green onions, if desired.
- Category: Soup
- Serving Size: 1/4 of soup
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 789 mg
- Fat: 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.7 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 13.6 g
- Cholesterol: 30 mg