A simple and delicious chopped salad made with broccoli, lime and cilantro!
- 4 medium broccoli crowns (about 1.25 lbs) cut into small florets and small tender stem pieces
- 2 medium limes
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used avocado oil)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 gren onions, very thinly sliced crosswise (green and white parts)
- fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Steam the broccoli in a steamer for 1 to 2 minutes until slightly tender and bright green. Transfer to a medium bowl and cool in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, grate 1-1/2 teaspoons of lime zest from the limes and squeeze 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- Add the oil, lime zest and lime juice to cooled broccoli; toos to coat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss in the cilantro and green onions.
Storage: Store any leftover salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Variation: Add a 15 ounce can of drained, rinsed black beans to the salad to make it main0dish worthy.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of salad
- Calories: 95
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 41 mg
- Fat: 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.5 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 4.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg