Make-ahead, mid-winter salad with crunchy vegetables, protein (chickpeas), and a bright, tropical dressing.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nextar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 red pell pepper, seeded, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 cup matchstick-size strips peeled jicama
- 1 cup matchstick/large shred carrots (I bought ready-to-use)
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 6 ounce package baby spinach (about 6 cups)
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, lime zest, maple syrup, mustard, ginger and salt.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl EXCEPT the spinach, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or for up to 3 days.
- When ready to serve, add spinach, tossing to coat. Eat!
- Category: Salad