Oh, hi there everyone. Hope your Monday morning is off to a grand start. I know that you have a million things to do this morning, but I just wanted to
nag remind you that you still have time to enter my cookbook giveaway! Here’s how:
In case you still need convincing of why you want/need this book in your collection, here’s yet another ridiculously easy microwave mug meal that you can whisk and zap into a sassy breakfast, lunch or dinner. In 2 minutes. For pennies: 2-Minute Microwave Quiche Thingie.
I know, I know, it’s really a strata. But when I say “strata,” in mixed company, I get blank stares. I’ve made the mistake of then bleating (with far too much enthusiasm) that it’s really just bread bread pudding, but with cheese and herbs, maybe some bacon or sausage, that you can eat for dinner. Responses range from confusion to revulsion.
So I’m simplifying. I’m calling it a quiche (thingie). It has the basic components, right? I’m certain that if you make it, you’ll call it scrumptious. Because it is.
Super easy ingredients. You can use torn up bread in place of croutons. Shoot, you could probably use some crumbled crackers, too. Vary the cheese, add more vegetables, lose the mustard, add more mustard…you get the idea. This is a versatile thingie, indeed.
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ⅛ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped green onions or chives
- 2 tbsp soft cheese (e.g., goat cheese, Laughing Cow cheese wedges, feta, etc.)
- 2 tbsp small croutons (see note for options; GF if needed)
- In a large mug, whisk the egg, milk, mustard and thyme with a fork until blended; add a pinch of fine sea salt and a sprinkle of pepper.
- Add the green onions, cheese and croutons, pressing croutons into egg mixture until submerged. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Microwave on High for 60 o 90 seconds (check at 60 or until center is just set).