To segue into an equally sweet Monday, I made a quick batch of my quinoa granola to start the week. A mug of coffee and classical music (courtesy KDFC) in the background and things are progressing swimmingly–happy Monday!
- 2 cups quinoa flakes
- ½ cup chopped pecans (or nut or seed of choice)
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds (flaxseed meal)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup pure maple syrup, honey, or agave nectar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or coconut oil, warmed until melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup dried blueberries, cranberries or cherries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, silpat or foil.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa flakes, pecans, flax seeds and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together maple syrup, oil and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the maple mixture to the quinoa mixture and stir until well coated. Spread mixture in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 22 to 27 minutes or until quinoa flakes are golden brown. Let cool completely on pan.
- Transfer granola to an airtight container and stir in blueberries. Store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.